The American Chamber of Commerce of Trinidad and Tobago (AMCHAM T&T) and Republic Bank will be hosting the 4th Edition of the Tech Hub Islands Summit (THIS) from July 6th to July 8th at the Hyatt Regency in POS, Trinidad.
Global tech shapers Bernard Meyerson, Chief Innovation Officer Emeritus at IBM and David White, Global Technology Team Lead for Infrastructure Modernization at Google Cloud are headliners of the three-day summit. Also, scheduled on the agenda are:
- Senator the Honourable Allyson West – Minister of Public Administration
- Derwin Howell – Executive Director, Republic Bank Limited
- Navin Dookeran – CEO, EximBank
- Abraham Smith – CEO, Digicel Trinidad and Tobago
- Carina Cockbun – IDB Trinidad and Tobago Country Representative, IDB
- Zia Paton – Caribbean Digital Services Leader, PwC Trinidad and Tobago
- Miles Abraham – CEO, Si.digital
THIS is a platform that brings together organisations in the private and public sectors that share the mutual view of digital transformation being an accelerator for growth and economic development in Trinidad and Tobago as well as a key driver in the building of the local tech ecosystem.
Republic Bank’s support of THIS renews a commitment with AMCHAM T&T to host THIS for an additional three years. "We as a company have taken the initiative to commit to this conference as title sponsors, not only for this year's edition but also for the following three years, since we not only recognise the importance of digital transformation but are keen to be advocates for it,” said Derwin Howell, Executive Director of Republic Bank Limited.
"RBL believes that Digital Transformation is the key to keep moving forward not only as a bank but as a society."
AMCHAM T&T is very grateful for the continued partnership and commitment by the private sector towards promoting tech as an enabler for economic growth and development in T&T. “Investing in tech remains a top economic priority for our nation right now so that we can channel greater investor confidence in our businesses, institutions, and governance and build the digital economy to help realise new opportunities for economic development and reduce social inequalities,” said Nirad Tewarie, CEO of AMCHAM T&T.
“Through this partnership with Republic Bank and other corporate stakeholders, the private sector is proving their commitment towards building T&T as a major tech hub in the world that would leverage collaboration and the creation of various innovations to spur growth and investor confidence within our region.”
At the three-day event, AMCHAM T&T will be hosting important sessions with leading industry experts and players to help outline the potential opportunities in Tech for T&T to become one of the leading tech enablers in the world. The theme for this year’s event “Change in Action” will promote the adoption of technology and digital transformation through telling success stories and sharing important information related to the “how-to’s” for implementation.
Some of the topics to be featured at THIS 2022:
1. Change in Action – Learn from the success stories of tech adopters – the process, challenges, benefits, and pain points of implementing tech solutions to improve business operations. Most importantly, learn how and why you should do it too!
2. The New World – The major trends around Web3, the Metaverse, digital currencies and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Why and how to get involved?
3. Can You Handle It? – Digital Intensity – Keeping up with or even leading technological advancements by having the best talent on your team to build your organisation's digital capabilities.
4. FinTech – Financial Inclusion – What lessons can we learn from the progress and successes in other countries that can propel T&T’s financial ecosystem and what are the benefits to you!?
5. Attractive Shores – The pandemic, and now the Invasion of Ukraine, have highlighted the importance of nearshoring and created opportunities for non-traditional players. Now is T&T’s chance to become a real player in the global tech supply chain.
6. Digital Transformation of Government – Addressing the practical tech solutions being employed by governments around the world that can be adopted by GoRTT as well as some of the local initiatives that are underway.
Since the event’s launch in 2019, THIS has grown in attendance and public interest resulting in increased corporate support and stakeholder engagement in digital transformation to build a tech ecosystem in T&T and fuel the digital economy. This year, THIS has received corporate support from Platinum Sponsors: PwC, IDB, Digicel, Eximbank, SI Digital; Gold Sponsor: Guardian Group; NIO Digital; Silver Sponsor: Balroop Group, Session Sponsors: Visa and the TTIFC and Digital Media Partner: LoopTT.
THIS 2022 will be a hybrid event from July 6th-8th, 2022 with the in-person component held at the Hyatt Regency and the virtual portion streamed through AMCHAM T&T’s virtual platform at techislands.net. AMCHAM T&T extends our gratitude to Republic Bank and all our sponsors for their continued support and partnership for this event which we believe will help increase the advocacy and investments needed to build the local tech ecosystem.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THIS2022
For further questions or comments please contact: Nirad Tewarie, CEO AMCHAM T&T at firstname.lastname@example.org.