How much do you know about AmCham T&T’s Services & Products?
Did you know? Our strong mix of formidable local and international member companies; strong networking links; close association with the U.S. Embassy and alliances with the Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America (AACCLA) all ensure rapid access to what you need to compete effectively both in local and overseas markets. We can therefore secure for members strategic information on doing business in a particular country; as well as set up introductions to the right business organisations or companies in the U.S. and throughout the western hemisphere.
As your door to opportunities in a globalised environment, some of AmCham T&T’s services are listed below.
AmCham T&T U.S. Visa Facilitation
You are eligible to use this facility for renewal of visitor’s visas from the U.S. Embassy for BUSINESS travel ONLY. In addition, when the automated visa appointment services areas are ‘backlogged’, AmCham T&T may facilitate expedited visa appointments for business travel and training for company personnel. This is available at no cost to our member companies on the AmCham T&T database.
AmCham T&T Visa Facilitation has:
- An expedited appointment program for visa interviews
- Simplified applications process coordinated through AmCham
- Very high success rate for visa applications (but applicants must qualify on his/her own merits)
- Direct e-mail contact with the officer at Consulate
For timely processing we recommend participants submit visa application information at least one month prior to intended travel date.
For more information please contact Mrs. Phyllis Johnson, Visa and Administration Officer at email@example.com
AmCham T&T Executive Appointment Service
How does it work? Here are the steps: -
- A request for the Executive Appointment Service is sent to AmCham T&T in the country of your choice or to the relevant Chamber of Commerce in the U.S. Details of your company’s business, the length of your stay and the number of appointments that you would require per day are to be included in this request.
- Confirmation is received from the corresponding AmCham or Chamber of Commerce. Research is then done to seek out best-matched companies for you to do business with. Letters are sent and dates and times of appointments are set.
- Upon your arrival to that country, you will receive an itinerary of appointments and profiles of the companies that you will be meeting with. These companies, in turn, would already have received your company profile through the corresponding AmCham or Chamber of Commerce.
You may of course require additional services such as a meeting room with refreshments; possible site visits; taxi service etc. These can be arranged with the corresponding AmCham or Chamber of Commerce and is discussed individually with companies wishing to use this service.
AmCham Trinidad and Tobago also offers this service to foreign companies wanting to do business locally.
AmCham T&T Introductions
AmCham T&T will send a letter of introduction for member companies which will include details such as the length of time your company has been a member of AmCham T&T and, your company’s involvement with Chamber activities etc. AmCham T&T will encourage the setting up of a meeting for you to promote your products and services, but will not endorse an individual company product or service, as we represent several competing companies in any one industry.
Access to AmCham T&T Membership Database
Listed AmCham T&T executives may request at any time from AmCham T&T the most updated version of our membership database highlighting companies’ names, addresses and executives’ contact information. An excel version is also available.
For more information, or to request a copy of our database, please contact Melissa Pierre, Trade and Communications Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to Current Information
Each month AmCham T&T invites a prominent speaker to make presentations to its members. These addresses provide the most current facts, data and statistics. Some past presenters include: Robert Riley, President, BP TT LLC, Senator The Honourable Danny Montano and David Abdullah Chief Education & Research Officer, Oilfield Worker’s Trade Union. These monthly meetings are usually held at no cost to AmCham T&T members when the event is sponsored.