How much do you know about AMCHAM T&T’s Services & Products?
Did you know? Our strong mix of formidable local and international member companies; strong networking links; close association with the U.S. Embassy and alliances with the Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America (AACCLA) all ensure rapid access to what you need to compete effectively both in local and overseas markets. We can therefore secure for members strategic information on doing business in a particular country; as well as set up introductions to the right business organisations or companies in the U.S. and throughout the western hemisphere.
As your door to opportunities in a globalised environment, some of AMCHAM T&T’s services are listed below.
AMCHAM T&T U.S. Visa Facilitation
You are eligible to use this facility for renewal of visitor’s visas from the U.S. Embassy for BUSINESS travel ONLY. In addition, when the automated visa appointment services areas are ‘backlogged’, AMCHAM T&T may facilitate expedited visa appointments for business travel and training for company personnel. This is available at no cost to our member companies on the AMCHAM T&T database.
AMCHAM T&T Visa Facilitation has:
- An expedited appointment program for visa interviews
- Simplified applications process coordinated through AMCHAM T&T
- Direct e-mail contact with the officer at Consulate
- For timely processing we recommend participants submit visa application information at least one month prior to intended travel date.
AMCHAM T&T Executive Appointment Service
How does it work? Here are the steps: –
- A request for the Executive Appointment Service is sent to AMCHAM T&T in the country of your choice or to the relevant Chamber of Commerce in the U.S. Details of your company’s business, the length of your stay and the number of appointments that you would require per day are to be included in this request.
- Confirmation is received from the corresponding AMCHAM or Chamber of Commerce. Research is then done to seek out best-matched companies for you to do business with. Letters are sent and dates and times of appointments are set.
- Upon your arrival to that country, you will receive an itinerary of appointments and profiles of the companies that you will be meeting with. These companies, in turn, would already have received your company profile through the corresponding AMCHAM or Chamber of Commerce.
You may of course require additional services such as a meeting room with refreshments; possible site visits; taxi service etc. These can be arranged with the corresponding AMCHAM or Chamber of Commerce and is discussed individually with companies wishing to use this service.
AMCHAM Trinidad and Tobago also offers this service to foreign companies wanting to do business locally.
AMCHAM T&T Introductions
AMCHAM T&T will send a letter of introduction for member companies which will include details such as the length of time your company has been a member of AMCHAM T&T and, your company’s involvement with Chamber activities etc. AMCHAM T&T will encourage the setting up of a meeting for you to promote your products and services, but will not endorse an individual company product or service, as we represent several competing companies in any one industry.
Access to AMCHAM T&T Membership Database
Listed AMCHAM T&T executives may request at any time from AMCHAM T&T the most updated version of our membership database highlighting companies’ names, addresses and executives’ contact information. An excel version is also available.
AMCHAM T&T has a variety of events that provide unique marketing and corporate branding opportunities for its members.
Monthly Meetings: As noted above, each month AMCHAM T&T hosts a monthly meeting, in an attempt to maximize the amount of persons receiving the information that AMCHAM T&T provides, we try to source a ‘sponsor’ which we refer to as a Corporate Associate. Sponsors are entitled to the following:
- Corporate Associate signage on display on the day of the programme
- Literature on the corporate associate distributed on the day
- Acknowledged formally in the Aide Memoir and Vote of Thanks
- Acknowledged as the corporate associate in the marketing of the meeting among AMCHAM T&T’s 300 member companies
AMCHAM T&T’s Annual General Meeting (AGM): Each year AMCHAM T&T hosts its AGM at which the appointment of new directors is completed, the auditors’ report and report of the Board of Directors is read. Corporate Associates of this event are entitled to the benefits listed above.
AMCHAM T&T’s Health, Safety, Security & Environmental (H.S.S.E.) Conference and Exhibition:
Annually, AMCHAM T&T hosts its H.S.S.E. Conference which features diverse, up-to-date and enlightening presenters from the local and international arena. The conference sheds new light on the H.S.S.E. sphere through its Certified Training, Executive Seminars, Booth Displays, Workshops & Networking Sessions. Corporate branding opportunities are limitless at this conference due to the number of persons that attend, and the size of the conference.
AMCHAM T&T’s Trade Missions:
AMCHAM T&T has re-positioned itself as “The Pathway to the Americas” – a strategic decision to give the organisation a more focused approach in assisting its membership whilst contributing to the growth and prosperity of our local economy. Through this strategic alignment, one of AMCHAM T&T’s strategic pillars is growing T&T exports.
AMCHAM T&T, through its Trade and Investment Committee, hosts a trade mission every year to a specific destination. Information on the location is provided usually by March of that year.
AMCHAM T&T Organising Your Event
(Event MUST be trade or business related)
AMCHAM T&T can arrange the logistics of your event, all arrangements including sending out invitations via email or otherwise, following for responses, coordination of logistics at venue before and after function, special invitation to ministers / diplomatic corps. Etc. An AMCHAM T&T staff member will also be present to coordinate on the day of the event.